Anyway, here's a brief summary of what's going to happen at my Mom and Dad's house today:
- Dad will get home late from cooking the turkey with his friends at the office (a yearly tradition). He will have a hint of Bud Light on his breath.
- We will have every intention of having the food laid out for consumption by the family by 1:00PM.
- Close to 2:00PM the food will be on the table.
- All expectations are set that a meaningful blessing will be made, amen and pass the gravy.
- Mom will request that before the blessing, we go around the room and everyone will say what they are thankful for this year.
- By the time it makes it half way around the brother, sister, cousins, aunts and uncles, my grandfather will be passed out from low blood sugar. He will have been cranky for the last 2 hours, an early sign of his condition.