You are visitor number:

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Daisy Is Very Different...

...than our previous love hound, Flossie. For one thing, she ain't the brightest bulb in the box. But for what she lacks in intelligence, she makes up for in love, laughs and a heavy dose of cutiepieness.

For instance, yesterday I spent quite a bit of time cleaning her up, nice and tidy, spic and span. It's a bit tricky because she does pretty well until it's time to rinse. Then she decides she's had enough, thank you very much, so you'd better keep your grip her collar (tail works too) or she's gone, suds and all. She might be 50 pounds of SC ditch-dog, but she can run like a scalded cat when inspired.

Anyway, I've been very proud of my grooming efforts since yesterday afternoon. Today, however, I put a portable sprinkler in the backyard to drench a particularly dry part of the lawn. Apparently, the grass wasn't all that was thirsty because Daisy, as evidence, loves a bath- at least when I'm not there. And the best way to dry off after you've soaked yourself in the strange outdoor shower your master put out for you? Why roll in the grass and mud, of course.

I would kill her, but it is pretty hot out there. And I've never been able to resist an outdoor shower either.

No comments: