You are visitor number:

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Some of my favorite things...


...are often the simplest of things. Here are just a few:


  1. I often get up at 5 AM to meet with one of my reps in Asheville, NC by 8 AM. One of my favorite things is to be somewhere between Greenville, SC and Asheville as the sun is peaking over the misty mountain tops. Love it, especially this time of year.


  2. Playing the "Indian Jones" Wii video game with my 11 year old daughter.


  3. Costa Rican coffee with Leslie on a cool morning.


  4. Wrestling with my puppy.


  5. Conversations with my 12 year old daughter on the way to piano or voice lessons.


  6. My old pair of American Eagle jeans.


  7. Composing music on my 1955 Steinway baby grand.


  8. A weekend with no planned activity.


  9. Going to the movies with my family.


  10. Cupcakes.


  11. Homemade peach ice cream.


  12. Listening to a book on tape as read by the author.


  13. 80s music


  14. Quoting movie lines with friends.

What are some of your favorite yet simple things in life?

4 comments:

George said...

Here's some of my fav's (not in any particular order).

Hiking a trail in a secluded wilderness area (woods, mountains, desert, it's all good).

Listening to my daughter sing.

Watching my son fishing.

Snuggling with my wife.

Enjoying a delicious home brew made by my pal, Tim.

Jamming with my friends.

Playing Lego Star Wars with my 11 year old.

Helping my 9 year old with her piano practice.

Eating out at Mi Pueblito Taqueria, Sumo, or Antai with my family.

Keurig single serving coffee on the drive to work (Southern Pecan is my new favorite).

A good monitor mix.

Blogging and keeping in touch with friends over the Internet.

Charlotte said...

1. October baseball.

2. The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking.

3. A book that you can't put down.

4. One-on-One time with each of my kids (and my husband too)

5. Dinner at the Crazy Tomato

6. Long walks.

7. Playing board games with friends.

8. A really good peach.

9. Laughing with my kids.

10. That first day that really feels like spring/fall.

Todd R. Vick said...

I was shocked that "Farting in your mom's old Pinto station wagon and waving it at Todd" was not on the list. Shocked, I am.

Alan said...

It only barely did not make the list, Todd. Hilarious.