Well, the Green girls have returned from 2 weeks of camp CrestRidge and fun was had by all. Or at least the girls had fun. Leslie and I stayed here and worked. In fact, the entire two weeks of potential honeymoonin' (Aw come on. I know you were thinkin it) was spent with me either at the office or the two of us painting the girls rooms. If I hear, "you missed a spot" one more time...
Oh well. Life is like that at times. On the upside, the girls really did have a dynamic time at Crestridge. You should check out the video of that place sometime. Here are a couple of pictures of the Meredith and Jenna and their cabin-mates.
Anyway, I thought you may be interested in a few things that I learned at camp, so many years ago:
1) Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Especially if you have a cabin-mate with a camp axe who appears slightly misguided. (based on actual event)
2) There is no such thing as a monkey-dog (scary campfire story) and there was probably never an escaped mental patient with an axe, on the loose at camp. On second thought, I must reread my first entry.
3) Lloyd Brewer sings in his sleep.
4) Kevin Bridges talks in his sleep. Generally quotes from the book Watership Down.
5) I was Danny's hero for a day at camp. Whatever happened to that kid?
6) I had the biggest crush on the brown haired girl at camp. My girls will not ever be attending co-ed camp.
7) Horseback riding is better left to theory.
8) Water balloon fights rock!
9) Camp food is pretty good, considering you are so hungry at the end of the day you would eat a wet sock.
10) Swimming in a pond is not a problem as a kid, but as an adult it's the equivalent of swimming in a sewage processing vat.
But enough of my wisdom for one night, my children. Please share your own camping stories.