You are visitor number:

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Leslie, the girls (including Flossie) and I had a fabulous time camping this weekend with friends. We fished, canoed, hiked, ate, drank and were pretty darned merry. A great time was had by all. The venue was graciously offered by our good friends, the Fitches, who have a hunting cabin set in some beautifully wooded acreage near Efland, NC. (note: check out the rope swing into the pond.)

I am also grateful, because this gave me an opportunity to test out some new camping gear in preparation for my "platform camping" in the NC swamp, in two weeks. That trip will consist of me, George N., Chris N., Bryan C., Mark P., and Steve B. Our guide is set to be none other than the famous BBQ/blues man, Elijah "Stringbean" Wilson. For those familiar with Stringbean, you'll know that he grew up in the Tupulo swamps of NC, along the banks of Devil's Gut. I look forward to that adventure, but am still reflecting on the one just finished. What a wonderful weekend, so far.







No comments: