You are visitor number:

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Last weekend...



...some friends of ours took us out on Lake Murray for a boat ride. Eric and "Dr. Mac" were gracious enough to allow us non-boaters a chance to play in the open water. In talking with Eric, I am certain that I am doing what's right for me and my family by not owning a boat, but I must admit that the idea is tempting. It's not that I don't really enjoy boating, it's just that I know little of it (never grew up doing it) and my time is so limited as it is I wonder how I could dedicate to another hobby right now. I don't know, the argument that it's great family time and memories is an appealing one. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law love it. But then again, that's their biggest hobby and what they love to do as a family. Eric and Kris are members of a boat-club, which seems to make a bit more sense for someone like me. Perhaps, however, the best solution is just to have family and friends with boats who are gracious enough to bring us along every now and then.

Pictured above from left to right are Bennet, Payton and Jenna (my 11 year old) having a perfectly wonderful time.

No comments: